About Krassimir Kolev
Born and raised in Bulgaria, I studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna, Austria. First for the sculptor Joannis Avramidis and then for Michelangelo Pistoletto. 1998 I took my MA degree and that same year I moved to Sweden and until 2012 I lived and worked in Uppsala. During this time I have participated in numerous exhibitions in Scandinavia, Europe and the the USA and my Art was awarded with several Prizes. The summer of 2012 I moved back to Austria and now I live in Poechlarn, the Birthplace of the great Artist Oskar Kokoschka. Here I actively work with the International Artist Symposium “Atelier an der Donau” and my own Art.
I work mainly with Painting and Sculpture and particulary with New Media Art. Thru the years I have been working with a numerous of public projects and have exhibited my art in several countries like: Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Norway, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Italy, Spain, USA and others.
My work has been published by ‘Skillism-Mark McGough’ in London, UK in the book ‘Visual Creativity’, also in ‘LexikonSurreal’ from the International Phantasten Museum in Vienna and Fundación de las Artes y los Artistas - Museo Europeo de Arte Moderno, Barcelona.
I have always been fascinated by the Human being. I see the Human body as a canvas, where the soul paints it's own stories. So I see my role as an Artist to discover this stories and interpret them. I do that both imaginary - realistic and expressive - abstract, by working mostly with models, trying to discover the inner story printed on their bodies.
• Winner of the Prize of the Public at the exhibition "Portrait Now!" from the Museum of National History in Copenhagen, Denmark
• Honorable mention in sculpture from the fourth Art symposium Atelier an der Donau, Poechlarn, Austria
• Honorable mention in abstract art from the fifth Digital Hall of Fame Award, Stockholm, Sweden
Recent Solo Exhibitions
• Phantasten Museum, Vienna, Austria
• Rearte Gallery, Vienna, Austria
• Galerie Holasek, Graz, Austria
• The Museum of National History, Copenhagen, Denmark
• Artmuseum, Mikulov, Czech Republic
• Art Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
• The Museum Bror Hjort, Uppsala, Sweden
• The Artmuseum, Osjek, Croatia
• The Artmuseum, Pécs, Hungary
• The Museum Oskar Kokoschka Haus, Poechlarn, Austria
• Ausstellungsbrücke, St. Poelten, Austria
• Tartaglia Gallery, Rome, Italy
• Museo d'Arte, Arad, Romania
• Vasby Art Hall - Winter Salon, Upplands Vasby, Sweden
• Edsvik Art Hall, Solentuna, Sweden
• Redeemer's Juried Art Exhibition, Manhattan, New York, USA
• Atelier an der Donau, Poechlarn, Austria
• Stockholm Art Fair, Sweden
• Tuscany Art, Austria
• Three sculptures (3-4m high) of stainless steel for the City of Riedlingen, Germany (performed together with the artist Atanas Kolev).
• "Loveseat", four meters layng sculpture in oak tree, Hyssna, Sweden.
• Four sculptures (LifeSize), synthetic gypsum to Aspholmen in Uppsala, Sweden.
• Three Ice Sculptures (2.5-3m high) to the ice festival in Uppsala, Sweden.
• ArtSuite "Carnival" to the ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden.
• A mural (3x5m) to the LOKS in Uppsala, Sweden.
• Sculpture (3m high) in stone and bronze to the Hotel Imperia in Sliven, Bulgaria.
THE CARLOS REID GALLERY
Contemporary | Modern | International | Art | Online